There was a time when it was impossible to be sassy AND classy. And then there was saucy.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

God bless Dr. Weather


Dick Goddard tells me that it is 64 degrees fahrenheit in Cleveland, Ohio. It is also sunny, breezy, and only the 19th of April. I love that man.

I encourage anyone who lives in or around Cleveland to do what I did:

1. Hop in your car and roll the windows down (well, at least the front two).
2. Put on your sunglasses, you're going to need them, silly.
3. Start driving seventy mles per hour, preferably on the highway so you dont get hassled by the man.
4. Pop in your favorite CD/tape/Ipod.
5. Pump up the volume.
6. Sing at the top of your lungs, especially when there are cars right next to you.
7. Repeat until your voice cracks or you waste more than 1/8th of a tank of $3/gallon gasoline.

If you follow these seven easy steps, I personally guarantee your day will be 34% better than it was before.

This is the chorus I sang about 55 times so far today, and you can rest assured I'll sing it another 20 or so times. Its from the song Bloodied Up by Alkaline Trio:

"You have every right to be
this appalled with me
join the club
I signed up a long time ago and I know how you feel
And when you decked me
you left me knocked out on the floor
I came to bloodied up
but you werent around
I picked my teeth off the ground like they'd been there before"

As Jack Nicholson said to Michael Keaton just before he shot him in the chest: "I just like the sound of it."



1 Comments:

Blogger SnogAsh said...

I like Dick Goddard because one of my favorite things to do when I was young was finding wooly bears.

9:05 AM, April 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home